Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Revamp/Relief

Well, I am in the 2nd week of the back room revamp. Things are looking great! I have found a few more homeschooling supplies this past week on etsy.

VERY excited to find:

1. An old mancala board: for color and shape sorting exercises.
2. assorted scrabble tiles: for spelling and word games
3. monopoloy money: for math and counting.
4. antique fishing creels/baskets: for storage
5. animals masks w/ tails: for make believe play

I am planning on spray painting the boys baskets from their old nursery at some point tomorrow. Cherry Red, Summer Squash Yellow, Canoe Blue. Then I'll start reorganizing the last of the toys and begin emptying out the closet to make way for the boy's reading nook.
The hunt for wallpaper continues...


I am relieved to be in the midst of this project right now, for many reasons. It is, of course, always freeing to clean out your life and let go of things you don't need. Secondly, making the most of our small space for my boy's needs is always a valuable use of my time. Lastly, I really needed to be working on something this week with my hands.

Many of you know our dear friend, K.B., who was in a terrible accident last Wednesday. My Mother has been up in North Carolina, at her hospital bedside, for the past week. We are still waiting for her to wake up.

I know God is in control. I know he has her name written on the palm of his hand. I know the Spirit is interceding for her and for us as we pray and breathe her name over and over again to him. I know that only he can restore her vitality, her energy, her passion, her ability to be. She was tenderly knitted together in her mother's womb. She is both guided and guarded. She is his beloved. She is not forgotten. No one and nothing can snatch her away.

I am holding on to these truths.

And yet, my mind and my hands are yearning for busyness. Because my heart hurts. Because sometimes it is easier to pray and breathe a name over and over and over again, when your hands are filled with a task.

No comments: