Sunday, May 8, 2011

Alarm Clock

I opened my eyes this morning and saw four men in my bed. The smallest one tucked against my side, clad only in a diaper. He was soft and warm, letting out little cooing noises and gurgles of happiness. J sat on the edge of the bed, two bed head little boys on his lap. Cubby held out a gift for me.

An alarm clock.

I laughed. My little alarm clock handing me an actual alarm clock.

The Bear gave me the card and J added that we would be driving to the garden center after church to pick up a new rose bush for Mother's Day.

We snuggled under the covers for a bit.

The Bear came to my side and I tucked him under the blankets with me and cradled him close. His cheek pressed up against mine. His cold little toes digging under my legs, searching out warmth.

"Mom, I am going to keep you."

J and I laughed. "Keep me?" I asked.

"Yes. For my collection!"

"What collection?" asked J.

"My dinosaur collection" the Bear responded.

Quite the honor to be singled out as an acceptable addition to his all important dinosaur collection.

J prodded a bit more, "Is that because she is your Mommyosaurus?"

"NO!!!!" The Bear cried, "She...is.....a.....girl."

I kissed him.

"You are so beautiful Mom. You are like Barbie."

I laughed again. "Barbie?"

A definite first for me since I have brown hair and short legs and no torso to speak of.

"You are the most beautiful girl in the my whole life-world and I LOVE YOU!!!"

Oh boy, was he ever in for it.

I proceeded to thoroughly kiss the daylights out of him while he giggled and kissed me back.

All my boys have been sweet as pie today. Even the four legged one is cutting me some slack.

I love my new alarm clock. Yes, J got it for me because I am so sluggish in the morning and have a notoriously difficult time rising. But even with gentle teasing of this gift, I see a perfect reminder of my boys.

They awakened my heart and soul to the beauty of grace and love. They forced me to look deeply into the word of God. They humbled me and brought me endless, boundless joy...even early in the morning.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: