Monday, October 18, 2010

Mrs. Rochester

I need to nest.

And I can't.

I have quite the long list of both small and large home projects that have needed finishing for some time now, and there ain't a darn thing I can do about it.

Ugh.

Its like being in a huge shopping mall and suddenly realizing that you have to pee more than you have ever needed to pee in your life, but there is no bathroom in sight. No bathroom, no mall employees, not even a giant map of the mall in sight. Your bladder is screaming at you and those giant planter boxes with the fake palm trees start looking mighty tempting. Oh, the sheer agony of it.

I know this sounds crazy, but when your hormones have reached a fever pitch and you've been trapped in bed for weeks on end, you really start feeling that same sort of desperation.

Who wants to come over for a visit?

Just kidding, I wouldn't make you suffer through my company when I am this insane.

How insane you ask?

Well, here are a few of the smaller examples. Right now I am trying my hardest not to rip out our bathroom tile with my fingernails. I am concentrating on leaving the broken light pendants over the kitchen counter as they are, as I have heard several times that electrocution is not desirable while pregnant. I am studiously ignoring the baseboards and trim around our doorways and in the hallway, they have never bothered me before but at the moment they are mocking me with their tiny black smudges.

Yeah.

Like I said, just give it another week. I'm about to get Mrs. Rochester crazy up in our attic, its only a matter of time.

1 comment:

Déjà Blue said...

Hang in there Mrs. Rochester. You'll be changing countless mustard diapers in no time. And in between diapers, you'll be nursing and gazing contentedly both at your sweet boys angelic face and your unruly rose bush . . Ahh I can't wait to hear about it.