Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The jealousy bug


The Bear has been bitten.

It must have happened in his sleep. This morning he woke up with a sudden awareness that Cubby took some of his Mommy's attention. And the Bear did not like this discovery, at all!

On most days, the Bear shoots off to his library right after breakfast and spends the morning zooming around the living room or hiding in his kitchen cabinet with a few toys. Today he spent every five minutes walking up to me and wanting a hug or a kiss, or needing me to comment on whatever toy he was holding. Whenever I had to nurse Cubby, the Bear's lip would start to pout! He would toddle over to the couch and pull himself up next to me and stay until I finished nursing. What happened to the "I don't need my Mommy while I play" phase? Out the window, I suppose. The jealousy bug has arrived!


No comments: