Thursday, August 2, 2012

Space


Jordan Creek


Now that we have been home for a few weeks, our rhythm is getting into a groove once more. Two of my favorite beats in the flow? As you know by now, the creek owns our hearts. We love spending time there. 


The second charmer….my kitchen. Not because its souped up or fancy or anything…its simply there.
I went for so long without one that I started craving that space for myself. Now I spend as much time as I can, barefoot and pregnant, in the kitchen.

After hours of going through our past grocery bills I made a few more cuts to what we buy each week and replaced it with the homemade variety. 



These are some of yesterday’s efforts, which were also done in an effort to battle the hard water in our townhouse. I’ve never really experienced the joys of hard water before, but now understand what some of you have talked about on your own blogs. A few days ago I cooked up a beeswax lotion that has saved my skin. A few bath bombs, fancy hand soap, manly body wash for J and lastly a few practical Vick’s discs to have on hand the next time we get sick.




bath bombs





Vick’s discs




Now I know the next part is looming over my shoulder. Actually decorating our house. Nesting. That thing I am supposed to feel like doing.

Not really feelin’ it.

Am soooo sooo tired of packing and unpacking and planning that the thought of even deciding where to hang a picture frame makes me want to cry.

Can I just wait a few more weeks? Thanks. I think I will. Fall is a far more inspirational time to fix a space anyways.




But I did hang one or two things a few days ago. Aside from my handy kitchen chalkboards….this rusty bike wheel was positioned in our dining room. J rode his bike every day to what the kids called “Bicycle School” for five long years.  Bicycles have now become synonymous with grad school in my head. Those spokes are a symbol of hard work and determination. When I found this beauty, I decided it should have a place on our wall. I’ve been pinning up all the blessings we see, pouring out from our experience at bicycle school, all given to us by the Lord. I pass by this wheel and I see those blessings everyday and it reminds me in the toughest moments of my day, that the Lord is blessing all our labor. No matter how tedious it feels at the moment or how much easier it would be to just give up.  A beautiful reminder for us all.





No comments: