Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Sneak Peek

Its safe to say that I am about one week away from finishing the boy's homeschool room.

I am quite happy to be done. So is my husband, since the completion of this project will usher in a new age of laundry being done on time.

Here are a few sneak peeks at what I have finished this past week...


I reupholstered my rocking chair from pottery barn in a cute blue madras print. Bear asked me to add a heart to the pillow. I agreed. This is the chair that I nurse Babe in. I also hug injured children and read special books from this chair. A heart is quite appropriate, I think. :)


Race car lamp. I super glued a few race cars to this black drum lamp and added the road drawing. I finished this just today!! The boys are quite excited about this lamp and at the same time, puzzled by the fact that the cars are S T U C K! "Poor little cars" Cubby said with a sparkle in his eyes and a smile on his face, "I wike it!!"



I ordered a set of alphabet letters for the main wall of the room and was quite disappointed when they arrived after a six week wait! Two of the letters were cracked and 10 of them were either beige or white. Ummmm....boring!! So, Mommy had to upcycle these bad boys.


I glazed some Where's Waldo paper on the letter 'W.'


I glazed a map onto the letter 'M.' Can you see what's on the map? Florida, Pennsylvania and I managed to squeeze Price Edward Island on there!


Love this letter 'E.' The Bear decided that we should paint an "electric car." I warned him that Mommy has no artistic skill whatsoever and that since his gifted, talented Auntie N was not due for a visit anytime soon, that we should probably 3D the letter. He quickly agreed.


Here is the finished wall!!! You can see that the letter "C" is from Eric Carle's Hungry Caterpillar" and that we are supporting Daddy with the letter "U." I am quite pleased with how it all turned out after all the readjusting we did.


I am off to sew some curtains. Did I mention that my middle son almost killed himself with the curtain pull two weeks ago? Yeah. The project list has been interrupted by the urgent need to install curtain rods and sew curtains for the windows of our home. He always keeps me on my toes.

I'm going to try and have the room finished sometime next week and I will post the pictures of the finished product then!! Happy Saturday to all!

No comments: