Saturday, September 4, 2010

September

Welcome September!! I am very happy to see you. I am normally not a fan of counting down the days, with my two precious little ones growing up so fast, I try my best to savor each and enjoy the phase they are in at the moment. Not so with August. Between the growing belly, exhausting ten day family vacation and Cubby breaking three molars at once...I was more than ready to kiss August goodbye.

Add to all that the fact that BSF starts up again mid-September! I can't wait!

So September, I will try my hardest to fill this blog up with many memories of our days this month. Here is a sweet one for today:


We finished dinner tonight and the boys stripped down in the dining room and ran for the bath tub. J followed them over and proceeded to give them their baths. I stood in the hallway and listened to the boys chatting with their hero. The Bear washed J's arm at one point and it was sweet to see him "taking care" of daddy. Cubs is also starting to chatter up a storm these days, pelting us with sass and spunk!
After bath time, they brushed their teeth. The Bear declared that he would brush his teeth very fast and then very loudly, he did both with a big smile. The boys put on their PJs and played in the nursery with J for awhile. We tucked them in an hour later and then the lightning began. Huge bolts of lightning, heavy rain and most notably for them, loud thunder. The Bear informed us of two things when we walked into the nursery. First, "I am awake Mommy!" Secondly, "Its thunder! Its very loud!" Cubs screamed his head off.

Another peal of lightning and crash of thunder which the Bear pointed out to us as Cubby tossed his arms around my neck, threw his head back and let out a loud wail.

J crawled into bed with a very chatty, very awake Bear while I settled into Cubby's bed with him. His heart was beating very fast, his chin trembled, his little eyes peaked around the room and he let out the occasional "oh no, thunder."

I loved sitting together in the dark, all four of us, huddled together with the smell of baby soap still lingering in the air. Somewhere along the way we became a family, not merely in the biological sense of procreating and then caring for children, but existing as our own little unit of love and caring. We are enduring things together, weathering storms outside and inside the bungalow. We share in joy and in sorrow. And now that its September, we only have 8-9 more weeks before someone else joins the gang.


No comments: