Friday, June 24, 2011

Projects Taking Off!!

Hello.

We've been busy this month! The boys and I are having a ball this summer. I plan at least one or two 15 minute adventures per day and the kids love it. Digging toys out of ice blocks, sailing boats in the tub, making crayons, making sidewalk chalk, sewing, puzzles, scavenger hunts, paper towel roll animals, bubble wrap race tracks---to name a few. I love when they face the day ready for adventure!

Today we finished making jet packs for the boys. I found this idea on Pinterest, which led me to a cute blog by a stay at home mommy providing a tutorial for jet packs. Hers were made of tin foil and streamers, which is great! But I know my boys and that would not last an hour in this house. So we used duct tape and fabric for the fire streams. The boys LOVE them.


I've been sewing like a mad woman. And I am happy to report that I am about 60% finished with the back room update! I'll make sure and post pictures once its all done. For now, take a look at some of the pillows the boys and I finished...


Yellow rocket pillow, waiting to be ironed....


Madras plaid pillows with little buttons...


Here they are!


And I finished one of the bigger projects, the puppet theater!! Cubby loves this thing a lot! I used two small utility hooks on either side of a doorway so that we can string it up whenever we want. Many happy hours of play to come with this theater. :)

We churned butter a few days ago and I made pumpkin muffins with the buttermilk that came from our churning efforts. Oh the yumminess. Cubby, our resident toddler chef, is excited about using our fresh butter to roll out some dough for an apple pie tonight. He really loves helping in the kitchen and I have found that its his best place to learn.

I have so much that I want to share on here about the boys and their homeschooling. I'll have to save it for another day though. The babe is asking for some food and special cuddle time and really, how could I say no to that?

No comments: