Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ticker Tape Parade Worthy

Ok, so I haven't blogged enough this month. Believe me, when I am running after my kids I always think, Man, I need to write about such and such later on tonight! But then later on tonight arrives and I am half asleep by 8PM. Really, these boys are working me hard throughout the day!

So I will set up a personal goal to blog about two helpful things for my Mommy friends, before the month is out. 1) Cold Medicines for Toddlers and 2) Discipline. I know, you can hardly contain your excitement. But these two topics have come up quite often in the bungalow this past year.

Enough on that for now.

Ahem. Drum roll please.......

Cubs and The Bear are potty trained.

Ta-DA!!!!

Cubs could have been potty trained months ago but I was just way too gosh darn tired to be consistent with it. And The Bear has this unbelievable fear of toilets so it took a while to convince him that potty training was a good idea.

This morning the boys went a good 4 1/2 hours without any accidents. They are wearing big boy underpants, informing me each time they have to go and I have deemed them, "TRAINED."

I was able to make carrot soup and fresh cornbread while they played and used their respective potties. This month is all about F R E E D O M. My boys are growing up and gaining more independence every day. I am so proud of them and relieved for J and I. We now only have one very tiny cute baby booty to worry about diapering. :)

Side note: I did notice that I composed a sentence mentioning food preparation and potty training all in one breath. Ick, I know. I can't believe some of the things I have caught myself saying since I became a Mom. Maybe I should compose a list? #1 would definitely be this gem from 2009: "Well, at least you ate your own poop and not someone else's."

I'll be busy the rest of this week getting things geared up for the boy's birthday party. I am also loading up pictures for a big ebay sale. I have never sold anything on ebay before, but there are things in my closet that can translate to easy cash and I am going to go for it!

Try to contain yourselves until next week for the informative, stomach-churning post about toddlers & cold medicine.

No comments: